In recent years we have been involved in a number of interesting and wide-ranging research studies. This has been as a supplier to the Defence Human Capability Science and Technology Centre (DHCSTC) that delivers research across a broad range of themes in Humans in Systems, Personnel, Information Activities and Outreach, Health and Well-being and Tri-Service Training and Education.
The DHCSTC has taken SPS into a variety of subject areas, for example:
• Forward Air Controller selection.
• Marine training operability.
• Training for platform modularity.
• Training for a foreign language.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of pre-join vocational training.
• Improving CIED device capability.
• Understanding training delivery.
• Optimising the blend of live, synthetic and constructive assets to deliver training and education.
We have been the technical lead for a number of these projects and has enjoyed the experience of working with multi-disciplined partners. We have built on our analytical expertise and currency across many facets of the MOD Civil Service and Armed Forces.