NAT HLA – including Performance Based Communications and Surveillance (PBCS)
About The Course
The course has been specifically designed to give flight crew personnel a thorough overview of North Atlantic Operations High Level Airspace (including Performance Based Communications and Surveillance (PBCS).
- Construction of the OTS System
- Operational Approval and Aircraft System Requirements
- Other Route Structures adjacent to the OTS
- Flight Planning
- Oceanic ATC Clearance
- Communications and Position Reporting Procedures
- Application of Mach Number Technique
- NAT HLA Flight Operation and Navigation Procedures
- ATS Surveillance Services in NAT HLA
- Monitoring of Aircraft Systems and Crew Performance
- Procedures in the event of Navigation Systems Failure or Degradation
- Special Procedures for In-Flight Contingencies
- Check Lists for Pilots operating in NAT HLA
- Guarding against Complacency
- The Prevention if Deviations from Track as a Result of Waypoint Insertion Errors
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe the Special Areas of Operation
- Describe Mach Number Technique and how to interpret track messages
- Understand the Oceanic Track System and list procedures as per oceanic checklist
- Explain plotting methods used for NAT HLA
- Understand NAT HLA communication processes/procedures
- Understand the oceanic contingency procedures
Useful information to have to hand during completion:
- Ops Manual
- North Atlantic Plotting Chart
- North Atlantic Orientation Chart
On successful completion of this online training course your certificate will be available to view and print.
All of our online products are compatible with PC, Mac and tablets. If you are a PC or Mac user we strongly recommend that you use Google Chrome. Our online learning system uses pop-ups so please do allow pop-ups in your browser.
Should you require any assistance throughout your online learning experience a member of the Aviation Technical Training team will be available to assist you. contact us during normal office hours.
Why buy from us?
With a strong emphasis on quality,customer focus and product range, Resource Group is best placed to be your online training provider of choice.
We are a UK CAA, EASA Part-147 Approved Training organisation, which should give any individual or client assurance of our quality within the aviation industry.
Our products have been used on a world-wide scale from organisations across the globe.
We have been lucky to work with clients such as:
- British Airways
- BAE Systems
- Comlux US
- TAG Aviation
- Jet Aviation
- Airworks India MRO
- Lufthansa Technik
- Lufthansa Landing Gear Systems
All of our online products can be used anywhere and at any time, the choice is yours!