We have a unique opportunity for an experienced and driven Group IT Support Engineer to join our team in Hartlebury, on a permanent basis.
As the Group IT Support Engineer you will need to provide effective IT support across all aspects of the business including back up and support to the IT Manager. You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server, Desktop operating systems and the Microsoft Exchange environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. You will need strong developer skills to maintain the intranet and group website. Occasional international travel will be required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues with phones, servers, laptops and PCs
• Capability for analytical thinking for resolving technical issues with company websites and software
• Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as directed by the Group IT Manager
• Set up and configuring new laptops and desktops and servers
• Ensure anti-virus and software upgrades are applied promptly
• To back-up and support the Group IT Manager including occasional cover and liaison with third-party hardware, software and service providers.
• Assist any internal user moves
• Ensure all logs of equipment and users are maintained
• Create purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software and assist in evaluating options
• Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained
• Set up new users and disable expired accounts in accordance with HR instructions
• Provide on-site support for the Kemble location or other offices for up to two days a week.
• Have a working knowledge of Web Development and SQL Database Management
• Keenness to develop IT hardware diagnostics and web development skills
Qualifications and experience:
• HND / HNC or higher in Computing
• Minimum of 5 GCSEs Grades A to C including English Language and Mathematics or equivalent
• A keenness to expand existing IT and Web Development skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are either based in the Hartlebury area or are willing to relocate then please contact Natasha Rawlings for an initial, confidential discussion on +44 (0) 1256 368 500 or email your CV to email@example.com
A little about us…
Resource Group is a recognised global leader and trusted provider of resourcing and recruitment services with operations worldwide. We pride ourselves with a progressive and supportive team culture across the company that is cultivated by our experienced aviation personnel. Supporting our clients to deliver bespoke training solutions, as well as both temporary and permanent staff, always providing “Expert Solutions, Adding Value”.